Friday, August 21, 2009

Overcoming one fear at a time.

I did it guys.
Today i killed the biggest spider i have ever seen.


Yeah, I killed it.

I killed it dead with rustys shoe.

This morning i woke up before rusty. I was getting my sandals on to go to the bathroom (our bathroom isnt in our house lol) and i saw a brown thing on the wall above rustys awesome converse.
I thought it was a common gecko, an adorable Gecko. But i was wrong.

It was actually a young Okinawan Brown Spider.
It was horrible.

Here is a picture i found online of one of them. It's not my hand, spider or picture. I just wanted to let you guys know what kind of morning i had.


The spider in this picture is a little huskier than the one i killed. The one this morning had a slightly thinner body, but it was about the same size regardless.
I tried to kill it with the toe of Rusty's shoe and it scrambled away, so i put the shoe flat and gave it a sonic blow with the sole. Unfortunately the sound of the attack woke up rusty and i had to explain the whole event. Then he went back to sleep for another 10 mins or so.

I threw the caucus outside in the yard by the Shaquasha tree and a colony of ants where later seen carrying it away to some unknown hole.

All in all, just another day on the Island.

0 comments: