Monday, February 15, 2010

Prayer and Spiritual Warfare.

Just wanted to drop by and share a with you guys a little bit.

This week the topic of spiritual warfare has been on my mind a lot. Last week in our midweek womens study thru 2nd Corinthians was the beginning of it. Ive always liked the topic because I think that understanding it helps a lot when you run unto it. I also like it because its one "problem" that we can always fix and win against. We find much encouragement in Ephesians and Galatians about it and thru a deeper understanding of it we can learn to use the defenses God has given us.

Even this morning (my day off) I was hit with a good chunk of it. It can be easy to give ourselves excuses and say things like "im just off today" or "its the weather" or whatever. Ive even found myself saying "its just my emotions" as if thats even a real excuse anyways. In all honest those are just thin coverings for what we're really saying; "I care more about myself than anything else" or "I matter most." If we are honest, thats what we really mean. And when we are feeling that way, of course we're going to get down because we are humans with a smelly aroma of sin.

But this morning I remembered to rely on Jesus. The battle was hard but it was also beautiful. In Romans 8 we are reminded to be "more than conquers" thats a verb you know. It means "to be more than a conqueror, to gain a surpassing victory" and that is exactly what Jesus has in mind for us because He has already done the fighting for us.

In a world that tells us to stand for ourselves I would like to stand without my own defenses, but I want to stand under the defense of Jesus. I know I cant do it on my own, so I don't want to try putting up all the philosophy and sociology I have been subliminally taught all my life.

I just want the Cross. I want to let something so simple fix all my problems. Ever since I have decided to live this way I have joy and a real purpose in life.


-Amber

0 comments: