Wednesday, March 11, 2009

what a beautiful life

These last few days have been a little gloomey around here. The sun has been behind the clouds and its been cold and rainy. But even tho sometimes that tends to stroke a mellow tone in our hearts, as christians we should be looking at it as a way that the Lord makes us quiet, especally in our hearts. At least, that is what i know it means to me. God has been moving my heart to quietness so i would like to share with you a few things he has reminded me of.

Although I am far away from home, and from my family I have been given a new home and so many new beautiful people to grow close to. I am living out the life I have always wanted to and the life I was designed to live. I can't believe it many times, and I am prone to wonder how long it will last. But even while I wonder how long I will get to live this way, I am so content. I understand more what it means to abide in the Lord. To make the Lord my life.


Everyday here in ginowan, we are doing ministry. We have no room for shallow christianity and we have no financial provisions for procrastonating. The Word of God, our bibles are our real and tangible guides and strengths. For so long I was seeing christians at church and christians at class, but now I see christians doing so much more. I see christians working. I see christians living. I see christians loving. People will always be people, I understand this, but I have never been in such a place of surrender to the Lord. We are all growing, but growing closer to the Lord has a sparkle that just growing in life does not carry and I see that in the eyes of these people I stand next to in ministry.

I would like to thank everyone who has prayed and supported rusty and I, it has put us and kept us in a place where we are seeing the Lord in ways we didn't even know how to ask for.
Please continue to pray for us and for the little island we call home now because it so despretly needs Jesus. Please remember they are a nation with no hope.

0 comments: